Are you a student taking the Singapore-Cambridge GCE “O” Level Pure Physics examination? Are you having difficulties understanding the concepts in Kinematics and not able to follow what your teachers taught in school? If so, then this course is for you.
This Kinematic course is carefully crafted to help students achieve the learning outcomes detailed in the GCE “O” level Physics (6091) syllabus. It is designed to make the learning process simple, fast and effective.
Every lesson consists of a short video that explains the concept with animated illustrations using everyday-life examples. At various learning milestone, quizzes with questions of gradual difficulty levels are provided to enable students to test their understanding and reinforce their learning. Throughout the course, students will be given exam preparation tips, advised on commonly made mistakes and misconceptions and taught the skills of how to correctly answer GCE O Level questions. By the end of the course, students will be well equipped with the knowledge required for examination.
What are the topics covered in this course?
This course covers the following topics:
- Speed, Velocity & Acceleration
- Graphical Analysis of Motion
- Free Fall
- Effects of Air Resistance
What you will learn?
Specifically, you will learn the following:
✓ Difference between Speed & Velocity, Distance & Displacement, Uniform & Non-Uniform Acceleration;
✓ Graphical analysis of Distance-time graph and Velocity-time graph;
✓ Describe the motion of bodies under free fall with and without air resistance;
✓ Under the conditions that apply when objects are falling at terminal velocity.
How you will benefit from this course?
Here’s what is unique about this course:
- Learn each concept easily in under 10 minutes
- Learn at your own pace.
- Visualise and grasp the concepts through animated illustrations and everyday-life examples
- Gain confidence in exam preparation through a guided program of solving questions of gradual difficulty levels and acquire the skills to solve GCE “O” level examination questions
- Get tips on commonly made mistakes and be corrected on misconceptions
- Choose how you want to learn, by concepts or go straight into testing your understanding by solving questions or pick specific topic to learn
- Learn from questions & answers posted by other students and share your knowledge or post your questions in the comments section below each lesson.
Who is this course for?
- Secondary 3 and 4 students preparing for GCE “O” Level Pure Physics examination students;
- Anyone interested in Kinematics
As this course covers graphical analysis, though not mandatory, it would be easier for students to have basic understanding of graph plotting and calculating area and gradient of graphs.